Advanced restorative and cosmetic dentistry requires hundreds of hours of post-graduate training. It may surprise you to learn that the vast majority of dental schools do not teach courses in cosmetic or advanced restorative dentistry, and the few that do are limited to a few introductory courses. Gifted with an artistic eye, a rigorous program of over 2,000 hours of post-graduate training and a relentless pursuit of excellence, Dr. Johnson Hagood has surpassed the ordinary and achieved the extraordinary through the art of dentistry.
Since 1991, Dr. Hagood has provided contemporary dental services to the Vero Beach area, and utilizes the latest in dental techniques, technology, and materials. He has advanced training and credentials in the areas of preventive dentistry, restorative dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, TMJ disorder treatment, and implant dentistry.
A native of North Carolina, Dr. Hagood earned a B.S. Biology degree from East Carolina University and a dental degree from the University Of North Carolina School Of Dentistry. His professional achievements are numerous, making him one of the highest credentialed dentists in the United States. Accomplishments include:
- Accredited member American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry www.aacd.com
- Fellow Academy of General Dentistry www.agd.com
- Visiting Faculty of Spear Education, www.speareducation.com
- Board Member Florida Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry www.facd.com
- Alumnus of the L.D. Pankey Institute www.pankeyinstitute.com
- Member American Equilibration Society www.aes.com
- Member American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics www.aafp.com
- Past President Virginia Beach Dental Study Club
- Co-Founder Bob Barkley Study Club, Washington D.C.
- Founder and President of Indian River Pankey Affiliated Learning Group
In addition to his many affiliations, Dr. Hagood has completed hundreds of hours of advanced dental education, including numerous courses at the L.D. Pankey Institute, The Dawson Center for Advanced Dental Study, The Spear Institute, and the Eubank Center for Advanced Dental Education. He is the author of numerous articles in dental journals and a frequent lecturer on advanced dental procedures.
Dr. Hagood has other passions including surfing, photography, playing the guitar, and oil painting. His art is displayed throughout his state of the art dental facility and this website.
Dr. Hagood is married to the true love of his life, Dana, and they have two fine young children Alex and Bayne.
Dr Hagood is conveniently located in Vero Beach, to treat patients from Sebastian, Ft. Pierce, Port St. Lucie, Windsor, Stuart, John’s Island, Orchid, Indian River Shores, Palm Bay, Melbourne, Orlando, Hutchinson Island, Merritt Island, Indian River County, Port St. Lucie county, Martin County, and Brevard County.